- To assist youths to reactivate their learning motivation and learning ability;
- To assist youths to understand their own intentions and set the direction of training;
- To assist youths to consolidate their interests and maintain their motivation to move forward; and
- To provide opportunities for further studies, so that youths have the opportunity to apply for diploma/certificate courses provided by members of the VTC to continue their studies.
- Aged 14 to 24 who are unemployed and out of school
- Secondary school graduation or below
- Holder of HKID Card
- Must have the abilities, academic qualifications and physique required for the course they are applying for; and
- Able to read and write Chinese, and speak fluent Cantonese.
* The definition of Secondary school graduation is as follows:
Completion of the secondary school curriculum of Hong Kong's old school system (five-two-three school system); or
Completion of the secondary school curriculum of Hong Kong's new academic system (three-three-four school system)
- Students must complete the course with an attendance rate of 80% or above, and abide by the school rules in order to receive the training allowance
- There is no training allowance for interest classes. Applicants can apply for a training allowance only after they have successfully progressed to Intensive Classes
- Students who provide any false or misleading information may be disqualified from receiving the training allowance
- The training allowance may affect the CSSA subsidy amount. If applicants/students, parents/guardians and referrals (social workers /teachers /staff of the Education Bureau's Non-attendance Cases Team) have any enquiries, please contact the Social Security Division of the Social Welfare Department directly